If you have chipped, broken or missing teeth, then dental implants are an ideal solution. These implants are the closest you can get to shiny, healthy teeth. They are medical-grade components attached to your natural jawbone. They have a custom-made crown that acts as a tooth. This helps bridge the gap between teeth.
There are numerous benefits of dental implants. They can do wonders to your self-esteem as they look and feel like natural teeth, give you a brighter smile. They also make it easier for you to eat and speak.
With proper care, these implants can last over 25 years. Since they are made of durable and long-lasting materials, they can last longer than 25 years.
However, this can only be guaranteed when you take good care of your implants.
Here are a few tips to take care of your implants:
- Brush your teeth – Brushing your teeth two or three times a day ensures that you remove any food particles that can erode the materials of your implants.
- Use a low abrasive toothpaste – The chemical composition of your toothpaste is just as important as stronger toothpastes can erode the materials of your implants.
- Use an interdental toothbrush – These toothbrushes have can reach spots between your teeth and jaws that normal toothbrushes can’t.
- Floss regularly – Flossing is essential to tackle the stuck food bits and plaque that can erode your implants.
- Avoid chewing or biting down on hard food items – Hard food items like rock candy and nuts can cause cracks and chips in your dental implants. Stick to softer food items.
Implants are very effective dental solutions in spite of the elaborate cleaning process involved. Their benefits far outweigh the costs as these implants can last for a long time.